How do you screen mirroring to a vizio tv without internet i got a samsung

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Tryn to screencast videos from a galaxy j7 phone to a vizio hd tv without internet

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless the Vizio supports WiFi-Direct mirroring (usually they don't), you'll need, at the very least, a router between the TV and the phone (even if the router doesn't have Internet). Not sure if you connect the TV to the phone's hotspot would work or if once the mirroing begins (since it uses WiFi), the hotspot is turned off.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only Belkin I could find still available is about $200. There's an Actiontec ScreenBeam Mini2 available at Amazon for $35, and it doesn't even require a LAN - it's direct wifi.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Although Google removed official support for Miracast with Android 6.0, Samsung still uses it for their smart view features.

I'm using an older Belkin Miracast adapter, it's WiFi direct and requires no router or home network.

I think Microsofts Wireless Display Adapter will work, it doesn't list official Android support, but it's still the same tech Samsung is using so should work with your phone.

Might be worth mentioning I've used Miracast on the S3, S7, N3, N4, N5, N8, N9, Tab S2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante