Hello all,

I'm having issues with my device storage so I decided to move some apps to the SD Card using below method:
    - Enabling Developer Mode
    - Enable force storage on External Memory (or whatever it's called).
    - Go to apps, select app
    - Select storage and change location to external memory.
    I was trying to do this for games since they take a lot of storage space, but the files in 'obb' are not moved, and when I move them they are not loaded by the game.

I was thinking of a method is to create a link or shortcut in the device memory so that the came can think it's loading it from internal memory but in fact it's located in the external memory. << Hope you got my point here.

Any help of doing this on non-rooted phone?
    12-03-2018 07:49 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The Move to SD feature has only ever moved a portion of an app to the SD card, because the main part still has to reside on Internal Storage. It's up to the developer to determine how much of the app can reside on the SD, and many developers these days don't bother with this feature -- it increases the chance the app will crash (since SD cards are inherently unreliable), and it also tends to decrease the performance (since SD read/write speeds are always slower than onboard memory).

In order to force more of the app to be on an SD card, you'd have to root the phone and use an app like Link2SD or App Mgr III. Or, if your phone supports Adoptable Storage, you could format the SD card to be Internal Storage, but this can also be notoriously glitchy, depending on the phone you have and the quality of the SD card.
    12-03-2018 10:57 AM