I haven't been able to use the fingerprint sensor to get my heartrate since about the first week of owning his phone. I know the sensor works, because I'm able to unlock my phone and log into apps with it. Whenever I try to use it or keeps telling me to make sure my finger is covering the sensor. Any idea why it doesn't seem to work with S Health?

I tried searching for answers, but I didn't find anyone else that had it working for other features. Seems like for most people it either doesn't work at all or they have no problems with it. 🤷*♀️
    12-04-2018 08:24 AM
    Are you using a Samsung phone? If so, the heartrate sensor is not in the fingerprint reader, it's a separate unit, usually right next to the camera flash. Is that what you're hitting? Have you made sure your finger is covering the whole sensor (light emitter and light sensor below)?

You can try the hardware test menu (depends on which phone is what code to use to access it) but not sure it includes the HR sensor.
    12-04-2018 11:22 AM
    I got it working, but apparently I'm dead. HRs ranging from 45-53 lol.
    12-04-2018 02:28 PM
    Oh damn! Also if you have a thick callousness on your finger or any scars, this could also interfere with optical HR sensors (like the one in watches or Samsung's one). Have you taken your pulse manually just in case you're not actually at 50bpm? haha
    12-04-2018 03:29 PM
    It's accurate lol. Would make sense if I was an elite athlete, but no...
    12-04-2018 04:02 PM
    So you do have a low bpm? that's cool! as long as you were resting...if you had that after running you should either go to the nearest olympic team or morgue, whatever you think it's easier.
    12-04-2018 04:44 PM