Cannot use hotel wifi for Chromecast because there is no way to sign into network from my cast
    12-04-2018 10:19 AM
    It's usually not easy and probably will require root for it to really work, but here you go, these might help
    (or, for travel...just get a Roku stick, it's easier if you don't want to use your phone's hotspot. If you have a computer (or a phone that can share WiFi through its own hotspot) you can relay the hotel's WiFi connection through there as well.

https://www.droidviews.com/change-ma...droid-devices/
    https://gizmodo.com/how-to-use-your-...oom-1790742397
    12-04-2018 11:01 AM
    You can also use a Miracast device, which uses Wifi-direct - you don't need the hotel's wifi. There are $15 Miracast adapters.
    12-04-2018 12:59 PM
    Just bear in mind that the Miracast dongle suggested above would work only for mirroring, which would use your phone's data. Depending on your phone, ,it might drop WiFi connection when trying to use WiFi-Direct for Miracast, so watch out for that. If your phone doesn't do that, then your phone would do the streaming (on WiFi) and then send the screen to your TV. Unlike Chromecast or Roku, this solution is tied entirely to your phone, so you can't use it for anything else during casting (lest you want that to be seen on the screen as well).
    12-04-2018 01:14 PM