The photos I take with my device, I do not want them to go to Google photos, etc. I am trying to disable that function, no luck, the phone is slow now too!
    Every person has a constitutional right to privacy.
    12-05-2018 04:44 AM
    Google Photos is both a backup service and a gallery viewer. Are you sure the photos you're seeing in it are being backed up?

What happens if you go into settings > backup&sync > then turn off the backup option?

If all else fails, go into your phone's settings, then to the app manager, select "Photos," then force stop and disable it. This prevents the app from running at all.
    12-05-2018 04:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! On your computer browser, go to photos.google.com. If the photos aren't there, then they aren't being backed up to your Google Photos in the cloud. If they are there, and you want them gone, select them all and move them to the Trash. Then make sure your Backup setting is off, as Mooncatt suggested. But remember, if those photos are important to you, make sure you back them up somewhere. A phone doesn't last forever, and isn't immune to accidents or failure.

There are privacy laws, but with any smartphone (not just Android), you agree to a certain amount of data sharing when you agree to the terms and conditions. There's nothing unconstitutional about that. You can always choose not to use a smartphone -- that's your right.
    12-05-2018 10:47 AM