Why won't my Bluetooth keyboard stay connected to my Galaxy Tab A?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Galaxy Tab A on android 7.1.1 and my Bluetooth keyboard (Blackweb; BWA18TA015) will pair and work no problem, but after about 5 minutes it will just randomly disconnect. It still says it's paired, I have it plugged into a power source (Both tablet and keyboard), and the keyboards "power" light stays on, but randomly while I'm typing it will just disconnect. I have a Bluetooth mouse from the same company and that stays connected just fine. A lot of the time it's a pain because after it disconnects I will have to make the tablet unpair/forget the keyboard before I can try to connect again.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a defective keyboard. I can understand it going into standby if you haven't typed for 5 minutes, but as soon as you type something it should come out of standby. But not while you're typing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I've found Bluetooth keyboards to vary significantly in quality. A keyboard from Targus is not the same as one from Logitech. I'd stick with companies like Logitech, who have excellent reputations for quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781