Details of my phone:
    Huawei Honor 7, running EMUI 5.0.4., Android 7.0

I have a micro SD card of 32GB inserted, and I've formatted it to internal storage already. It is also set as default storage. My internal storage is nearly full.

I cannot download anything onto my SD card, or even move any apps onto it. Yes, I have tried to go Settings > Applications > (an app) to see if I could change where it's stored. No, there were no options to do this, anywhere. The option itself to move the app did not exist. Also tried to move apps directly from my internal storage, but could not do this either.

How can I download apps onto, move apps onto, or even use my SD card as storage?

Please help, no article I've looked at for the last three hours has helped me.
    12-06-2018 05:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I've seen issues about Adoptable Storage not being implemented correctly on certain phones (mostly from Lenovo/Moto), where the phone won't seem to recognize the SD card as available to install apps to. Show us a screenshot of your Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    12-06-2018 06:57 PM
    Hi, thank you for your answer.

This is the same person as above asker.

Attached (I hope it shows) is a screenshot of my Settings > Memory & Storage screen. (There is no individual screen for just Storage)
    Attached Thumbnails Micro SD card not working even after formatting-320109.jpg  
    12-07-2018 01:58 AM
    The fact that it says "Portable Storage" suggests that the card wasn't actually formatted as Internal Storage. If the card doesn't have any important data on it, try formatting it again, and make sure you select the option to format it as Internal Storage.
    12-07-2018 02:17 AM
    I see what you mean. However, the SD card doesn't show as internal storage even after formatting it again.

To do so, I switched the default storage to internal (format option for the SD card is greyed out otherwise) and rebooted.
    Then formatted the SD card to internal storage and rebooted again.
    The SD card was still recognized as portable storage so I switched the default storage back from internal to SD card. Nothing has changed.
    12-07-2018 02:43 AM
    I suspect it's a problem with how Huawei has implemented Adoptable Storage. The only other thing I can suggest right now is to see if the same thing happens with another SD card, in case it's an issue with that card.
    12-07-2018 02:45 AM