hi, to keep it simple, i recently bought a new 256gb micro sd card off amazon and transferred all 100+ gb from my old sd onto it however, i just finished transferring it all and went to listen to some music and all my songs are having weird cuts midway like theyre skipping a few seconds of the song and also, when browsing through my gallery, if i click on any photo weird black lines will cover half the photo. Havent had to time to check much else but it looks like somethings gone wrong. Any ideas on how to fix this and what the actual problem might be? fake micro sd card? thanks

my phones a samsung s7 and the sd card is "Samsung Mobile UK 256 GB 95 MB/s Class 10 U3 Memory Evo Plus MicroSD card with Adapter"
    12-06-2018 08:42 PM
    It's possible that you got a fake card. Would help to have a link to the card, as I have no clue which one you bought based on that. Have you tried doing a full(not quick) format to rule that out?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-07-2018 01:38 AM
    It's possible that you got a fake card. Would help to have a link to the card, as I have no clue which one you bought based on that. Have you tried doing a full(not quick) format to rule that out?
    the link for the card is https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Mob...cUvbUpU6417728

i got it through amazon prime too so it should have been a verified amazon seller i believe, and i have not done a full format yet but i do plan to if theres no way to 'fix' the images and videos that have been corrupted as the images all look fine until i click them to view them so i was wondering if the pictures and videos would actually be recoverable?
    12-07-2018 07:53 AM
    Try SD Insight on it. If the date is 1/1/1970 (a common mistake many counterfeiters make - that's *nix date 0), or it shows as a smaller card, it's counterfeit.

I don't think it is, though - it appears more to be a defect in communications. Take the card our, wipe the contacts with a clean handkerchief, then try again. If it still happens, the SD port could be missing a contact - try a different SD card. If it still happens, it's the phone.
    12-07-2018 01:00 PM