I found files with variations of "rce plugin strings" in their titles on two of my devices in my downloads folders. I didn't download them. I immediately deleted them. Were these files malware?
    12-06-2018 09:53 PM
    That's Remote Code Execution files. Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and a good antivirus app and run them.

(It could be nothing, or it could be someone trying to run something on your phone remotely.)
    12-07-2018 01:40 PM
    I found the same thing in my download folder the other day..And happen to come across it by mistake..There were 13 files in all..downloaded on Nov. 30th, 2018..After looking there were 11 that weren't readable, one was a generic image or illustration of phones screen and the other was a 2second clip of what look like an illustration of phone scrolling through content..Freaked me the heck out because I assumed somebody tried hacked my phone... (my girlfriend for example) and my data spiked, shortly after the 26th. Not sure what this is but when i looked it up it says it was an old "Wordpress" doc or format that yes had vulnerabilities..And so now I'm guessing I'm gonna have to just junk this phone and activate an older one or buy a new one come Monday..Sorry to hear you found the same but now i dont feel so paranoid..Because we both got it within the last week somehow.
    12-09-2018 08:37 AM
    First, Wordpress doesn't have a doc format - it's just blog software - the "format" is plain old HTML and interspersed PHP (which is plainly marked between <php and ?> tags).

Second, just do a factory reset, change the password on your Google account from another computer, add that account to your phone, and don't let the phone out of your hands (not een if your girlfriend wants to look at it).
    12-09-2018 02:54 PM
    Same thing happened to me on my Pixel 2 and on my Pixel 3 (im migrating my phone). Found 7 files on the 3rd on the pixel 2 and then the same files on the 7th on my new 3. All with the similar RCE plugin strings. Ran Avast and Bitdefender and neither found anything even with the file still in the downloads folder. Would love to hear if anyone else is having this issue and whether it's an attack or something that came from a Google/app update
    12-09-2018 08:39 PM
    Factory erased without restore. The files came back. They must be coming from a specific app or google update
    12-09-2018 10:04 PM
    I came here looking for an answer to this as well. Ended up doing some digging and found it was the Kindle app. Once I deleted that app these files went with it.
    12-28-2018 01:36 PM