I have a 64gb Sandisk sd card which I was using in my S8 since last year, it’s now full and I’m trying to copy the files onto my PC to then move to a new SD card. The first time I was copying over the files, my pc crashed and I believe it has corrupted or damaged some files, as it comes up with an error that it can’t copy them due to an I/O error. The strange thing is, one of those files is from the voice recorder folder and I can still play it but it won’t copy over. I’d be really grateful if anyone knows a fix for this as these are really valuable files. Thanks.
    12-08-2018 12:59 PM
    It's going to take time (the computer's, not yours), but if the files are still there, PhotoRec will recover them. Read PhotoRec Step By Step first. (It's free, although I don't know why - it's worth a lot.)
    Laura Knotek and thewizard70 like this.
    12-08-2018 01:21 PM
    I have a 64gb Sandisk sd card which I was using in my S8 since last year, it’s now full and I’m trying to copy the files onto my PC to then move to a new SD card. The first time I was copying over the files, my pc crashed and I believe it has corrupted or damaged some files, as it comes up with an error that it can’t copy them due to an I/O error. The strange thing is, one of those files is from the voice recorder folder and I can still play it but it won’t copy over. I’d be really grateful if anyone knows a fix for this as these are really valuable files. Thanks.(I posted this earlier but I didn’t have an account so I couldn’t reply to anybody, I’ll expand a bit further, I’ve tried the chkdsk method in cmd and I’ve tried scanning and repairing with the built in windows tool and both say there’s no problem)
    12-08-2018 01:53 PM