Huawei mate 20 pro, problem with text messages/phone calls

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I have a Huawei mate 20 pro (LYA-L29), and I have a recurring issue with my text messages. I use T-Mobile. It seems to work 95% of the time, but suddenly I will received all my text messages with like an hour delay. Sometimes I need to turn on and off the airplane mode to receive text messages. Not sure what I can do about it. During the day I never seem to lose the signal or 4g, I just receive some text message with a 5min to an hour delay, and it vary. Sometime it will be once a day (the no text message window) and sometimes no issue for a week. Does anyone has the same problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this include simple SMS text messages, or are all of these messages MMS (i.e., picture messages or group texts)?

bertito83

Dec 10, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

It includes everything. I will basically receive SMS/MMS with a delay at some random time. Also it appears that I don't receive call during those moments. However, my phone doesn't show any lost of signal. Sometimes while using my phone, I will receive a message on Messenger from a friend telling me that i haven't answered any of his messages and that I was directly on voicemail. By turning on and off the airplane mode, i will receive all the delayed messages. Also if i send a text message, i will receive all the text messages that were delayed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it seem to be related to a certain geographic location or building? If there's an area where you sometimes go that has poor reception, maybe that's causing the temporary dropout Have you asked T-Mobile about this as well?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol