My images are disappeared from my Clarmin B5 Phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I checked my phone yesterday and I realised that all of my images are disappeared. I cannot find my images neither in gallery nor folders. I installed many apps to recover images (DiskDigger and etc...) but nothing found and I couldn't also recover deleted images (almost there was no result)!!!
I checked both internal and external memories folders but I didn't find my images. There are two folders in external and internal memories named "LOST.DIR" but there is nothing in these folders. I lost more than 5000 images just less than an hour.
All images saved on internal memory by default!
What happened to my images and how can I find them???

My Phone is: Clarmin B5 Phone (Android OS)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- you're absolutely certain all of the photos were saved to Internal Storage, and not the SD card? SD cards are prone to failure, and it can happen without much warning, so if all of the photos were on the card, that could explain the loss.

If you're sure they were on Internal Storage, then use a file manager app and look directly in the /DCIM/Camera directory. Do you see the photo files there? Also, in case you had Google Photos auto-backup turned on (which is always a good idea), go to photos.google.com on your computer browser and see if any of the photos are there.

RevilCV

Dec 9, 2018
Visit site
B. Diddy,
Unfortunately I didn't use Google Photos however I'm using it now!
All images were saved on internal memory and all folders such as DCIM nad Pictures and Photos and all other folders are empty and there is not sign of my 5000 images!!!!
On the other hand, all applications which recover deleted files, are not successful to recover my images. I mean when I
install an app to restore my images, I get no result like there were no images on memory.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to say why this happened. Assuming the phone didn't go through an unexpected factory reset (which would've been obvious -- you would have had to set the phone up again as if it were brand new), I would guess that there was some major glitch in the firmware. Considering how obscure that manufacturer is, and how incredibly cheap the phones are, that would not be too surprising.:-\ I don't think there's any way to recover those photos -- sorry! In the future, consider spending a little more money for a phone from a better-known and more reliable manufacturer. There are good phones from companies like Lenovo (Moto) and Huawei (Honor) for around $200.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer