Hello,

I'm on Android Oreo, Sony Xperia X Compact,

Since several months, I'm unable to get GPS signal in most buildings, *most of the time*, and I've never managed to finally find a permanent fix.

The first time I tried the trick to clear the location history, it worked like a charm for a few days. Now this never works. I'm absolutely unable to come up with a consistent diagnosis of my issue.

The problem is present with either mobile data enabled, or WiFi, or both.
    Other devices have no problem getting location in the same buildings with the same WiFi.

I'm starting to wonder if this could be due to the GPS not properly using the high accuracy feature. It says it's on, but practically it seems as it always needs some actual gps signal. Putting the phone at a window usually helps getting gps signal.

Would there be a chance the high accuracy mode is simply not activated properly ? Any idea how I could investigate this further ?

Thanks!
    12-09-2018 05:08 AM
    The high accuracy mode uses GPS, wifi and cell tower reference to get your location. So, if you are in a metal building, and GPS is not getting good signal on its own, you won't be able to get the benefit of 'hi accuracy'. Test by using Google maps for satellite reception. Run dx if failed to see if you have a hardware failure. Good luck.
    12-09-2018 05:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Also, look for the Wi-fi and Bluetooth Scanning option. It might be in an Improve Location Accuracy menu option in the Settings>Location​ menu, or it might be in an additional Advanced menu.
    12-09-2018 03:16 PM