Bypass Photo & Gallery Apps when sending Camera phtos to SD Card

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have the camera set to send pics directly to the SD Card. Now why then do they go into the two apps, Gallery & Photo, which are on the main device taking up memory.

When I delete these from my Gallery or Photo Apps it also deletes them on the SD Card.
The purpose of the card is to avoid using main device memory. Are there some special settings that I just haven't found?

Thx

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Gallery and Photo are not locations, they are apps. They show you all the pictures on your phone, on the internal storage and the SD card. Your photos are not "in" any app, they are on the drive/storage of your choice, just like all the other files. Regardless of which app you use to delete the images, the deleted images are gone. No app can view them.

166Valerio

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Maniac Joe:

Ok, it doesn't matter on the terminology...... when I delete from internal drive,ie,
through gallery then why does it also remove from sd drive. The purpose of a card is to avoid using device for storing this data.

How to overcome this ? ? ? ?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure that the file you are deleting through the Gallery app is the file on the internal storage?

The Gallery app should be showing you all the image files on both the internal storage and the SD card. So if you have a copy in both places, the image should be being displayed twice by the Gallery app.

When viewing the image, most picture apps give you a button/icon to tap to see the image details including the file name and folder location.

Check the settings in the camera app to make sure it is sending the images to the SD card, assuming the camera app gives you that option.

You can also use your favorite file browsing app, for example "my files", to check the internal storage and the SD card to make sure the files are where you expect them to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech