My phone keeps downloading apps and whenever i delete it they reappear hours sometimes even minutes afterwards. I have to turn of wifi and data to stop the downloads. ive already changed the permissions in the play store but that has had no effect, i also have a weird thing on my phone that takes over the whole screen sometimes called MOSEGAME.
    12-09-2018 09:23 PM
    Sounds like you have some malware that got installed and is running in the background.

Which phone?
    Which version of android?
    Which carrier?
    What are the last five apps YOU installed?
    What are the names of the apps that keep coming back?

With this info, we may be able to help figure out which background app you need to uninstall.
    12-10-2018 05:19 AM
    The phone is UMX
    Carrier is Virgin Mobile
    Not sure what version of android
    The last apps I downloaded are Brilliant, Doordash,Photomath,and Facebook messenger.
    The apps that keep coming back are called Cookie blast mania, pop, private browser, red block and system application services
    12-10-2018 06:16 AM
    does your phone have this app installed? "Back Service"
    I removed it just now and it seems to help but I would not be surprised if it comes back. I have the same phone that you have and it comes with something pre-installed that allows more malware to keep getting installed. I'll update you when I have more information.

Sounds like you have some malware that got installed and is running in the background.

Which phone?
    Which carrier?

With this info, we may be able to help figure out which background app you need to uninstall.
    belodion likes this.
    01-13-2019 10:20 PM
    Any of the application in your mobile is corrupted and due to that the other apps are misbehaving. SO kindly find out that blacksheep and delete it as soon as possible. Otherwise your whole system will get corrupted.
    01-14-2019 01:01 AM

Which phone?
    Which carrier?

I have the same UMX phone from Virgin Mobile and have the same issue as the other 2 people.

Malwarebytes also found "Android/Pup. Riskware. Autoins. Fora. INS"
    It says system application
    Wireless Update.

I THINK that's the problem child that's letting everything else in.
    But since it's a system app, I have found no way to delete it.

Please keep in mind, I'm smart phone illiterate, so if you tell me to get rid of something, I pretty much need tips on how to do so, because if I could figure out how to do it, I would have already lol.

Since there are at least 3 of us with this UMX phone with this same issue, I don't think it's any apps that WE'VE downloaded, it seems to me, that it came with the phone.

I get the same "MOSE GAME" ETC that the OP is getting, and recently, the "Back Service" app has shown up. (How did you get rid of "Back service"?? It isn't showing up in my apps list, but I it DOES pop up).

My free trial for malwarebytes has expired. Is there another free malware app that I should try? Malwarebytes couldn't delete the original Android/PUP. Riskware.Autoins.Fota. INS saying it was a system app, so I just had to whitelist it and disable it.

That seemed to stop the pop up downloads for a bit, but they're back again.

FWIW, I've only downloaded 3 apps that I've had on my tablet, with no issues, for years : Homescapes, Big Fish, and Jackpot Magic

Like I said, though, since the 3 of us with this UMX phone through Virgin mobile are having the EXACT same problem, with the exact same apps that keep downloading themselves, I think it's coming from that system PUP.

I just don't know how or what to do, to get rid of it.

Hopefully, someone can help us!

Thank you!
    01-19-2019 02:27 PM
    That sounds like a Lifeline phone (i.e., a free cellphone provided by the government for low-income customers). I've seen a number of posts about this -- it looks like a bunch of these phones have uninstallable apps like this that also can't be disabled. Presumably, it's a way for the government to subsidize and offset the cost of providing free phones and service to those who need it.
    01-23-2019 12:42 PM