Can't see notifications from Secure Folder on Lock Screen

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Now, I realize that some people may actually LIKE this feature, but I'm trying to figure out how to selectively get around it.

I have a Samdung J7 running Oreo (I want to get rid of Oreo - but that's another post for another time - like right after this one!). Those of you familiar with the J7 may know that there is no LED notification light. As a result, one must use a third party app, such as NoLED, to get visual notifications when the screen is off.

For the most part, this all works fine. However, for my own personal reasons, WhatsApp is in my secure folder. When I have sound on, I can hear the WhatsApp alerts, but I get no visual notification. Once my screen is on again, I can see the WhatsApp icon in the notification drawer/top of screen. But, no matter what I try, I can't seem to get my NoLED (outside the secure folder) to give me visual notification. I even tried installing an instance of NoLED inside the secure folder, to no avail.

I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks!

dgelerin

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
So, how is there an icon in the notification drawer on top? How does THAT see it? I'm not asking NoLED to get into WhatsApp, I just want it to see that there's a notification from it, like the top bar does, and display the icon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC