How do I stop Google speech to text on my mobile.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a HTC One M9 phone. Google speech to text seems to have taken over the phone. I cannot send an SMS message or use Chrome or Firefox. Any where on the phone where I want to type in something is not available and I have to use "speech to text". There plenty of advice about removing it but is never for my particular phone. Where they say to tap on various p[laces do not exist on the M9.

Every tome I tune the phone on I have to reset the notifcation sound from vibrate to normal. Also Bluetooth is often of and also Wifi. I have tried contacting HTFC who say they will answer in 24 hours. Yeah right.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Speech to text should be located in your keyboards under, Language and Keyboards in your settings. There you may be able to disable it but you should be able to open anything that involves typing, then pull down your navigation bar and find Keyboards. There will be a small keyboard icon next to it. Touch this and the options to change input methods should appear. On other models you can find it at the bottom of the screen when the keyboard is open, hold the space bar or go to language and keyboard in the settings.