Hi!

I am switching from an iPhone 6 to Google pixel 3. I need to transfer my mesaages and media from the iPhone to the pixel, but I'm having trouble finding an easy solution. Currently, my texts/media are backed up in my iPhone's iCloud. When I downloaded WhatsApp in the pixel and tried to restore my data, it only gave me the option to do it from my Google account, but that's not the case since I have the data from my account in the iCloud. So, I deleted the app from the pixel and went back to iPhone.

Then, I downloaded the Google drive to my iphone, turned off the icloud, and tried backing up my WhatsApp data to it. However in WhatsApp settings (in my iPhone) it still only gave me the option to back up everything to the iCloud.

What's the best solution to this problem? I would like to continue using Whatsapp in my new pixel but also transfer all of my information successfully.

Thanks,
    12-12-2018 02:48 PM
    I tried this and it’s ball ache, I downloaded an app called wazzap migrator for £5 but never got it to work so lost all my messages
    12-12-2018 03:15 PM
    Edit: Misunderstood
    12-14-2018 09:29 AM