So the model is a Galaxy S6.

Left it charging over night and now it doesn't turn on anymore at all.
    I tried to look for solutions and none of them work (hold various combinations of buttons, etc..)

When I plug in my charger the grey charging logo shows but that's it. Nothing happens. (Even when pressing the button combinations)

When I plug in an USB cable then the Galaxy S6 screen pops up and it goes to a blue screen saying installing system update... then after that it goes to a no command error. I heard that on this screen you have to give the command yourself with buttons. None of them work either.

Anyone familiar with this?

Is it possible I overcharged and the motherboard failed? (Saw this somewhere and not sure how I can tell. E.g. would my screen even still work? I know nothing about this subject)

Either thanks for any answers
    12-15-2018 08:44 AM
    It sounds as if something in the charging circuit on the motherboard went during the night. It's going to have to go into a repair shop - but I think you'll find that a gently used one (on swappa.com, maybe) will be cheaper.
    12-15-2018 12:16 PM
    It sounds as if something in the charging circuit on the motherboard went during the night. It's going to have to go into a repair shop - but I think you'll find that a gently used one (on swappa.com, maybe) will be cheaper.
    Thanks for the response.

I now got the phone to the home screen by rebooting it but it dies after a few seconds because the battery is at 0 and won't charge.

Is it possible that I just have to replace the battery?

Or a better question would be: is it still possible it is a motherboard issue despite me actually getting to the home screen?
    12-15-2018 07:59 PM