I have had this happen a few tines with other phones, so you would think I would learn my lesson. My photos always disappear in huge batches. I am a prolific photo taker so at the moment there are 872 pictures in my gallery. The problem is there should be way more.

I am upset because for someone as technologically illiterate as me, there should be a warning that you're going to overwrite all of your photos if you don't free up space. The only warning I get is storage space almost full and that seems to be mostly an issue of too many apps.

Can someone point me in the right direction of how to be a more responsible photo collector so that I don't lose photos of my dogs who are getting older every day? Other than get an sd card, what do I need to be doing?
    12-15-2018 10:12 AM
    Backing up to Cloud storage, such as Google photos. You can then Delete From Device if you need to free device storage.
    For added security you can if you wish back up to more than one Cloud storage, or to SD card Storage as well, and also PC hard drive or flash drive.
    Tell us if you need to know more.
    12-15-2018 10:59 AM
    I am upset because for someone as technologically illiterate as me, there should be a warning that you're going to overwrite all of your photos if you don't free up space. The only warning I get is storage space almost full and that seems to be mostly an issue of too many apps.
    Photo storage and app storage is the same place, so if you're running out of storage space, you're running out of storage space for everything.

Can someone point me in the right direction of how to be a more responsible photo collector so that I don't lose photos of my dogs who are getting older every day? Other than get an sd card, what do I need to be doing?
    Back everything up to Google, to another cloud account (there are many free ones) and to a PC or laptop. You can never have too many backups.
    12-15-2018 01:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It would be helpful to know which phone you have, and if you're saving photos to Internal Storage or an SD card.
    12-18-2018 10:40 AM