My niece found pictures from her phone and from my phone on my nephews phone.
    She has an iPhone and I have android.
    When we confronted him and told him he touched our phone and transferred info without our knowledge he said his phone is hacked.
    But it still doesn't make sense bc if his phone is hacked how pictures from my gallery got to his phone? He has an iPhone btw.
    Than he said there's an option that when his phone got hacked he can get other people's phone info without him knowing.
    But he didnt get info from all the devices in the house and he only got specific pictures from different times which didnt make sense to me.
    So what I want to know is his explanation can happen?
    Can someone hack his phone and by that whenever he comes to a phone the hacker can hack the other device and transfer info to my nephews device without him knowing?
    12-15-2018 01:02 PM
    It's rather hard to hack Android, and I suspect the same for iPhones (but I have no experience with them). I doubt this is what's going on. Do you all share accounts or log into each other's phones? That's one way it could happen, due to cloud backup services syncing across devices. This is rather benign and easily fixed by simply logging out of backup services on devices you don't own.

I guess it it's possible your nephew was able to gain access to you and your niece's phones, and then send the photos to himself, but that would mean having physical access to your phones. If you have lock screens set up, then this is also unlikely. If you don't have your phones set up with lock screens and he had access to them without you knowing, this would be the most plausible answer. (Keep in mind, I don't know any of you, so I'm not trying to accuse him of this. It's only one possibility)

But to answer your main question of if his explanation being plausible, I'd say no. To do so means that the hacker would have to not only gain access to your nephew's phone, but also know how to then hack into other near by phones. I don't think that is even possible. Even if it is possible, this hacker would also need a way to use your device without you knowing, which means the time consuming task of individual attention. Because most hackers prefer automated scenarios where a script fishes for sensitive info like your credit card data on corporate servers, this sort of scenario would only be worth considering if you have a mutual enemy that would have reason to target your family. Then to transfer random photos and leave such an obvious trail? That just doesn't add up.
    12-15-2018 02:45 PM
    Something else is going on here. For the file transfer to happen by touching (this can be done) Bluetooth has to be enabled on both devices, and depending on which Android phone, NFC needs to be enabled as well. The device needs to he awake, and unlocked. I don't think some kind of random script app will do this.

I'm inclined to agree with Mooncatt that a common cloud service is signed in for each device.
    12-15-2018 04:40 PM
    Very much as Mooncat said. Take both ir all three phones in to someone who knows phones, a carrier store or other, so someone can see what is really turned on, installed, shared. It could be as simple as all three of you using the same open wifi spot or home network with sharing enabled.
    And if your nephew KNOWS his phone has been hacked, it should be fixed with a big hammer, unless he turns it off and keeps it off until he gets it fixed. That point needs to be made.
    12-15-2018 07:42 PM