Nothing is wrong with my sim as I can still use data but my phone won't let me make or receive calls or txts. Im astonished because I can do all the smart things a smartphone can do but I can't do a basic task of calling or txting. Please help.
    12-15-2018 11:26 PM
    The SIM doesn't really play a part in the smart things if you're on WiFi. I've also seen carriers that turn off calling and texting to force someone into paying their bill while not turning off data for a day to a week later. I'm not saying this is you, just saying I've seen it. Have you tried contacting your carrier or checking for service blackouts in your area? Since cellular and data transmission are on separate signals it's possible something has happened to the cell signal in your area. Texts ride on this signal also but MMS is data, however I thought I read somewhere that it still needs the cell signal to function. Having said that you could try to send an MMS and see if it still works.
    12-16-2018 03:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It'd help to know which phone you have, and which carrier. Also, are you currently traveling somewhere, or are you in your home area?
    12-16-2018 06:52 PM