I can't download off chrome. Why?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So. This is a problem I just had. Never before. When I go to save an image, it starts downloading, like normal, except it says it's downloaded everything, and stays there. After a certain while it says download finished, but I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas or help? I tried restarting, but that only gave a "download failed" when I open chrome again. This has never happened before. And there shouldn't be anything changed in my software

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Since it sounds like you've downloaded things in the past and found them no problem. How did you find them before, file manager, thru chrome, with some other app? You can check Chrome's settings and see where files are getting stored. On my chrome version when I open settings it's near the bottom and says "downloads". This should at least tell you where the files are going and then with a file manager you should be able to find them. Screenshot_20181216-063714.jpegScreenshot_20181216-063845.jpeg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you confirm that you're using the Google.com website on your Chrome browser, rather than the actual Google search app​?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair