Texts send separated and out of order. I have s8 and tmobile

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

A realtor and text attorneys and lenders and clients constantly. My messages come in separated and out of order! Tmobile s8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about a group text, or are messages within a single conversation between you and one other person coming in out of order?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are they coming out of order in real time? Or are you still having a normal back and forth conversation, but the app is organizing the messages out of order as you look back on them?

Kimhollandhomes

Dec 17, 2018
Visit site
Re: Texts separated and out of order. I have s8 and tmobile

Are they coming out of order in real time? Or are you still having a normal back and forth conversation, but the app is organizing the messages out of order as you look back on them?

Just found this trail again. I called tmobile they cant do anything. My texts are coming through in real time but get separated as 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3 and then that is also out of order. I was told to change from sms to mms or change group settings but i cannot find anything like that on my phone to even address it!

Help!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When a text is broken up into parts like that, it means a message that was >160 characters was trying to be sent as MMS. The character limit for SMS is 160, so if you go above that limit, the messaging app automatically converts it to MMS. MMS requires mobile data to be on, and also requires your APN settings to be correct for your carrier, so you can have this problem if (a) your mobile data isn't turned on, (b) your mobile data is turned on but your signal is poor, or (c) your APN settings are incorrect (https://www.androidcentral.com/what-apn-and-how-do-i-change-it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37