It doesn't work from the play store at all... After the download is finished, nothing happens there's no app on my phone. Same with messenger. I've also tried getting the APK online, but there's an error during the installation process. This only happens with these two specific apps. Help appreciated.
    12-19-2018 07:59 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device? Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data? Try going to Settings>Apps, select Google Play Store, tap Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager -- you probably have to tap Menu>Show System to see it. Now try again.
    12-19-2018 12:10 PM
    I have a very similar issue. I once had Facebook Messenger but had to delete it because it wouldn't install updates. Now, it won't install on my phone at all. I get the error message "Can't install Messenger - Try again, and if it still doesn't work, see common ways to fix the problem" I've clicked that and still doesn't work. I have tried what was mentioned below about clearing cache and re-attempting, etc. I have the Galaxy Note 3, and am also having problems trying to get one of my games to load in Google Play Games (saying no internet connection) but clearly it's connected to internet whether wifi or AT&T paid services. Please help!
    06-05-2019 06:22 AM
    The note 3, running Lollipop at the latest, is too old to install the current versions of the apps. If you know someone who has them installed on an older phone, they can create .apk files with Apk Extractor and they should install.
    belodion likes this.
    06-05-2019 05:33 PM
    The note 3, running Lollipop at the latest, is too old to install the current versions of the apps. If you know someone who has them installed on an older phone, they can create .apk files with Apk Extractor and they should install.
    That's ridiculous. And not to mention completely untrue. It has nothing to do with the age of the phone. Its a common issue that I've seen on many phones. Old and new.
    06-07-2019 04:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central, and try to phrase things in a bit more of a collegial manner. I don't think Rukbat's statement is ridiculous nor untrue. Older devices with older versions of Android may be left behind, as APIs get updated with each successive Android version upgrade and apps gradually stop supporting older APIs. Google may not have dropped support for Lollipop yet, but T R E V did not mention what version of Android his Note 3 is on. If it's still on Jellybean or Kitkat, that may be too outdated these days for an app like Facebook Messenger.

Another possibility is that the latest update to Facebook Messenger contains some incompatibility with that specific phone and its specific firmware (which could be due to obsolescence, or it could be developer error).
    belodion likes this.
    06-08-2019 08:45 PM
    i think this problem hit almost all lolipop OS , i'm also just get this problem when i trying install flat bar style indicator , but i fix it by full reset my phone , now i can install it, but now i cant install busybox (i think i going to reset again) , it's really stressful

my recommend full reset and try to reinstall one by one , if possible backup all data of chat, and media
    06-29-2019 11:43 AM