I have an ulephone power 5 running Android Oreo.
    When I try to change the wallpaper by selecting a live wallpaper (I have tried with a few), I always get a message saying that the wallpaper picker has crushed.

I tried and download a couple of other wallpaper chooser apps from google play store, but they also crush when launched.

If I try and restart in safemode I cannot see any live wallpaper, as my phone came with only a few static wallpapers and the live wallpapers I have are all third parties.
    I have tried to uninstall all of them and get one at a time, but I get the same wallpaper picker error with each one.
    I also just got the phone and only have a few third party apps installed, apart from the wallpaper.
    The error started from the very first time I tried and launch a live wallpaper.

Any tip on what to try to fix this problem is welcome :-)
    Luisa
    12-19-2018 12:10 PM
    Just to add up to my explanation above, the exact message I get when the wallpaper picker crushes is: "com.android.wallpicker has stopped".
    Luisa
    12-19-2018 12:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, select that app, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now see if the problem persists.
    12-20-2018 12:51 AM
    Dear B.Diddy, thank you for your answer. If you refer to the wallpaper app, I did this as first thing of course, but it did not help. Then I realized that the same was happening with all live wallpapers. So it should not be a problem of the single wallpaper apps, but of the android wallpicker itself. However, I cannot find it as an app, nor I seem to find in the internal storage folders the com.android.wallpapaper picker the error message refers to.
    12-20-2018 07:06 AM
    When you go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and then look for com.android.wallpaperpicker.
    12-20-2018 12:08 PM
    Thank you Diddy - but I cannot find this option.
    I have Android Oreo v.8.1.0 and when in Settings>Apps I do not have the option of choosing "show system". Do you happen to know where this option may be in my OS?

I have tried and looked for the file "com.android.wallpaperpicker" by connecting the phone to the pc and looking into the folders, but I could not find it.

Thanks again for the help.
    Luisa
    12-23-2018 05:34 AM
    Show us a screenshot of your Settings>Apps menu: https://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...d-central.html

In the Settings>Apps menu, if you scroll down, do you see a bunch of apps that start with "com.android"?
    12-23-2018 09:31 AM
    Thank you for your answer and sorry for my delayed reply... the holidays got the better of me :-)
    Here is the screenshot.
    Please note that if I select the option "advanced", I only get to manage the list of apps, which can have special permissions (such as use unrestricted data, modify system settings, display over other apps, and similar).Wallpaper picker crushes when selecting live wallpapers-screenshot_20181229-160642.jpg
    12-29-2018 09:21 AM
    Tap "See All 95 Apps," and then tap Menu>Show System on the subsequent screen.
    12-29-2018 10:11 AM
    Thank you... I found it now :-) I found the app named com.android.wallpaperpicker and cleared the cache, but it did not have any effect unfortunately, as the app still crushes when I launch a live wallpaper. Any suggestion?
    12-30-2018 02:24 PM
    Are you able to clear the app data as well from that app?
    12-30-2018 07:50 PM
    Yes, and I just did it - but it still crushes.
    Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
    Anything else you think I could try?
    12-31-2018 09:47 AM
    Ok, if you don't mind having to set up your homescreens again, try clearing the cache and data from the homescreen launcher. The name of the launcher can depend on the device -- I'm not sure what Ulefone calls its launcher, but look for something like Launcher3, or Home, etc. Clearing it's cache and data will wipe your homescreens clean, which means you'll have to set them up again. I'm hoping that some glitchy data stuck in the launcher might be what's causing the live wallpaper picker to crash.
    12-31-2018 12:53 PM
    I have the same phone (Ulefone Power 5) and the sam problem: Wallpaper picker crushes when selecting live wallpapers.

Was your problem solved?

Thanks
    Csilla
    07-13-2019 07:02 AM