I already have weird things happening in my phone and system apps that were not there when I got my note 8 which was in November 2018. I noticed an update wanted to be installed right after activating the phone. My husband said it's normal since he had the same phone before. I'm on his verizon account, suspicious I fear. I've not had to update any other phone I've had before immediately after activation. Now, there's a system update 14 trying to install, but is it legit or another spy/hack job? By the way, my note 8 has Android System when I thought it was supposed to have Android OS, same thing happened to my last phone.
    12-20-2018 02:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's not uncommon for a phone to have a system update available as soon as you get it set up (especially a phone that was released a little while ago, like the Note8). If you go to the System Updates menu in the system settings and it tells you that you have an update, then it's legit.

The system will list both Android System and Android OS in the battery stats. They're both normal. I don't know the details of how the two differ, but they're ok.
    12-20-2018 02:54 AM
    One of them is the kernel, the other one is basically Dakvik (the Java interpreter).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-20-2018 04:52 PM