Hi people, I have an LG V20 running on UK Three network. Had the phone two years and run Nova launcher over Android 7.0.

In the last week I've been seeing mega annoying full screen ads all over the device! I've tried everything I can find on the forums such as when one pops up, trying to press the recent apps button....but it covers such button.

I've tried uninstalling recent apps. Even enabling developer options and seeing what's running.

I've downloaded and scanned my system with various so called malware finders, to no avail. Eset, AVG, malware bytes, I've tried lots.

Even installed the DNS66 or whatever it's called to stop them. It hasn't!!!

I've tried tweaking my adchoices, permissions in facebook. Nothing helps and no particularly weird looking apps installed or running? Any ideas?
    12-20-2018 11:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The ads go away in Safe Mode, correct? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-32496

You might just have to back up your important data, then do a factory reset, and then carefully reinstall apps one by one, making sure the behavior doesn't return.
    12-20-2018 12:49 PM
    I stopped getting those ads about 3 weeks ago but they came back yesterday. I didn't install any new apps, update existing apps or change any notification stuff. It is very annoying when you are playing A RTS game.

I just got one while typing this reply.
    01-16-2019 09:20 AM
    It's probably related to one of the apps/games you installed. Perhaps the ad network was quiescent for a few weeks. I wouldn't put it past these annoying companies to do this kind of thing to make it harder to figure out which app is responsible.
    01-16-2019 11:27 AM