Gear 2 Watch Face is Ungluing Seperating from watch

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello all Im nerw to this forum but I have an older Gear 2 (with camera) watch and the curved edge is seperating. I tried gluing it back down with "seal all" but it popped back out again. Can someone recommend a strong glue 9not crazy glue) that will hold this watch face together? I tried gluing it and had it set overnight but as soon as i removed it from the vice a few minutes later it starting coming apart again.

Thx

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a "glue pad" that's used to glue it down. It has to be removed from the watch, the old pad has to be scraped off, the new pad has to be put in place, the face put on top of it - then you heed a heat gun to get the face just hot enough to melt the glue without damaging the face. It's a lot better to leave it to a professional.

pfrederi1

Dec 23, 2018
Visit site
Thanks but i took it to mobile phone repair shop and they said they cant fix it. They said its possible the battery is swelling which is causing it to push the screen up. I dnt think so because with the small opening i did not see any swelling for the battery. I think because its a curved edge its hard to keep held down in place. Any other recommendations is appreciated. I was thinking since its only the edge thats coming up i can apply a strong adhesive to fix it.

If i need to get that adhesive that you mentioned for the whole watch face where can i get that?

Thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes