After getting a new phone samsung j6 ive installed facebook & wechat apps..then in file manager we can see the apps logo on the apps folder for eg theres a wechat logo on the tencent folder when we go into file manager internal storage..after a few months using the phone now the logo doesn't appear on the folder anymore when i go into file manager internal storage..could i have deleted something or changed some settings?how to get back the folders to show the apps logos?thankx..
    12-23-2018 04:45 AM
    When is the last time you cleared your cache partition and rebooted?
    12-23-2018 05:15 AM
    I clear cache quite often & extensively where i even go into lots of cache folders & clear the content in it..as for rebooting the phone there were twice where the phone ran out of batt & switched off on its own..are the display of the apps logo on their folders controlled in settings?thankx..
    12-23-2018 07:10 AM
    First, the default picture for any directory is a file folder (which is why it's incorrectly called a folder). Some apps modify the system to show a picture on the folder, but that's a flaky thing, and one update can destroy that, leaving you with the generic "folder" picture. (It's done at the operating system level - Linux - and apps aren't supposed to fool around down there.)

twice where the phone ran out of batt & switched off on its own
    That's a no-no - never allow the battery to get lower than 40%. Running totally out can kill a battery in a month if it keeps happening. (It's very bad for the battery.)

are the display of the apps logo on their folders controlled in settings?
    No. as I said, they're controlled in Linux. There is no "folder", there's just a directory (a file entry, but marked as "directory" instead of "link" or "file"), and Linux shows that, in its graphic interface, as a folder. It has no pictures for Facebook or WeChat, just for a folder. If Facebook or WeChat dig into the OS and capture its output to show different pictures for its folders ... they just shouldn't. (Doing things in Linux isn't something simple, like developing an app, it's playing with the operating system while it's running. Something like looking for a gas leak with a lit match. If you're lucky, you'll find it. If not ...!!!)
    12-23-2018 01:27 PM
    Thanks alot rukbat..seems its a complicated process..better to leave it then..& thanks for the batt advise..didnt know thats how it works..will charge when it gets lower than 40%..tq
    12-24-2018 07:33 PM