The device was reset. To continue, sign in with a google account that was previously.
    It was not mine originally the phone,. It was my in-laws phone. And he forgot the gmail account and its password He used.. That's why I'm having trouble trying to open the phone..
    Please help me however.
    12-25-2018 07:47 AM
    Sorry, but that is a security feature called "factory reset protection" that cannot be bypassed. The only way to use the phone is to enter the account info of the user that was logged in prior to the reset

For future reference, the proper way to do it is to sign out of all Google accounts before resetting the phone. That removes the reset protection during the next setup.
    Javier P likes this.
    12-25-2018 07:55 AM
    Sorry, but that is a security feature called "factory reset protection" that cannot be bypassed. The only way to use the phone is to enter the account info of the user that was logged in prior to the reset

For future reference, the proper way to do it is to sign out of all Google accounts before resetting the phone. That removes the reset protection during the next setup.
    ^^ This.

Thread closed.
    12-25-2018 08:03 AM