Hello,

i have recently got this Luxpad Stream 9 tablet from a relative. I have realized that the software looks pretty outdated so i went to try to do a system update, it said it is upgraded to the lastet version. I have also tried the wireless update, also up to date. I believe this device is running on an old version of Android. I hate it because some things are limited like i am unable to download Adobe Flash. I was wondering if there is a way to upgrade to a newer or the lastest version of Android.
    12-25-2018 06:53 PM
    There probably isn't a newer version of software available for that tablet, most Android devices never get more than 2 updates, and some cheaper ones get none.

As for Flash, a newer version of Android won't help. Android quit supporting flash officially with 5.0 Lollipop in 2014, and Adobe Flash Player hasn't supported Android since 11.1 years ago as well.

There are a couple web browsers that can be installed that have flash support. Puffin Browser is one, it renders the flash content in the cloud.
    12-25-2018 07:13 PM
    You can't update it because no update was ever written for it. (Android isn't like Windows - each update has to be written for the specific device.)

It's also limited by the amount of RAM (512MB) and the amount of storage (8GB). Running Android 5 on it would be a stretch.
    12-25-2018 10:59 PM