Phone does not have location tracking on.
    12-25-2018 10:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? When you say it doesn't have location tracking on, do you mean that its Location toggle is off? (There's another option for Location Sharing, which is different from simply having Location turned on.)

I'm not aware of any consumer app or website that can triangulate your phone's position based solely on cell towers. Locating a phone this way would not be very accurate anyway -- it's probably be able to narrow it down to a few hundred square meters or so at best.
    12-26-2018 04:48 AM
    That depends on where the towers are. In a sparsely populated area there might be only 1 tower, so you can say "yep, it's in town somewhere". In midtown Manhattan, there's a tower (or mini cell or microcell) on almost every building, so you can probably locate the phone to the foot - but you can't locate the floor it's on. So yes, it's in this 72 story building, and now you can go into an office on each floor and ask them if you can look "over there" for your phone.

Abby Sciuto could locate any phone to within inches, yards, whatever the episode required, but in real life, it can't be done. Even GPS is only accurate to 10 meters at best. (But it can also detect altitude.) And since Abby died, there's no way to locate the phone. Retrace your steps, that's about the only way.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-26-2018 03:01 PM
    Abby Sciuto could locate any phone to within inches, yards, whatever the episode required, but in real life, it can't be done. Even GPS is only accurate to 10 meters at best. (But it can also detect altitude.) And since Abby died, there's no way to locate the phone. Retrace your steps, that's about the only way.
    Spoiler alert!
    12-27-2018 05:30 AM
    You mean "spoiler alert, she died last season"?
    12-27-2018 11:29 AM
    LOL, yes.
    12-27-2018 05:04 PM