Hello everyone
    I bought a simila chromecast but i cant make it work, how can I connect my smartphone via wifi and have at the same time access to the wifi at home?
    in practice I connected the chromecast to the HDMI port of the TV, I identified among the wifi networks the chromecast wifi and I connected my cell phone and i can send photos and videos, through an app called ezcast. But if I wanted to connect to the internet at the same time, how do I do it? should I disconnect from the chromecast network and connect to the wifi but I can not communicate with the chromecast anymore so what can I do?

If I buy an original google chromecast would it change anything?
    I did not understand the operation yet, if I connect a chromecast to the TV, at that point between the available wifi networks also appears that of the google dongle, which is like a virtual wifi, I connect but then not even access to my home wifi network because the phone obviously connects to only one network at a time, so how can 'for example connect to the wifi at home?

Thank you so much ...
    12-26-2018 08:21 AM
    The Chromecast setup should prompt you to connect it to your home WiFi. The phone would not stay connected to the Chromecast WiFi once it's set up.

https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup/

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    12-26-2018 08:30 AM
    The operation is simple - Chromecast is a wifi device. The phone talks to it through your normal Wifi setup. Since it's a Wifi device, and identifies itself (it "broadcasts its SSID"), the phone can see it. But you connect the phone to Wifi, normally, then run Google Home to connect the phone to Chromecast.

(If what you bought is exactly the same as a Chromecast, it won't make any difference. But if it's different enough, it will.)
    12-26-2018 02:16 PM