Why can't Google stop the fake ads for apps that say that I have multiple viruses?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I(and many others) frequently get fake ads saying that I have multiple viruses? Google is able to block other ads that Google doesn't like or feels inappropriate, why not these ads that falsely claim that people have viruses???
I'm tired of them & Google should block them, unless of course, Google is getting a kickback!!!!!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Google can only block ads that run through their ad network or ban apps on the Play store. Scam ads are not ran through Google's network, so they have no ability to stop them. Those ads also mostly show up when using questionable apps or visiting shady websites. So your best option would be to re-examine your online habits.

If you have determined the ads are coming from an App you downloaded from Google Play, then you can report it. Here's some info to help with that.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2853570?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

If the ads come from apps you downloaded elsewhere or websites you visit, your best solution is to uninstall said apps and stop visiting those pages. You can also try contacting those developers directly, but your success is up to their willingness to listen.