I was browsing google for somthing on christmas Eve and clicked on a website that alerted me with two popups. The main one i remember stated it knew my phobe model. Don't know how and that it was infected. These popups also made my phobe speaker react with a ping noise i can only describe as a piano key noise. My phone still being new i panicked and closed my crome browser. When reopening though the site and popups reappeared. I hit the back arrow a few times untill getting back to google. I had makwarebytes and ran a scan. All clean. Am i safe though? Would my phone have been hacked in anyway? How did the popup know my device? I cleared my crome cache since but cant stop worrying. Notjings been downloaded cause of the popup.
    12-27-2018 03:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's normal for your device model to be easily visible, so that's not a hack. Do the popups only occur when you're on that particular website? If so, just avoid that site. Otherwise, clear the browser's browsing history (including cookies) "from the beginning of time." You can also clear the browser's app cache/data in the Settings>Apps​ menu.
    12-27-2018 07:46 PM