Why does my Pixel loses control when i plug in my headphones?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I have the first Google Pixel (Android 9 Pie) and it worked great until a couple of weeks ago. Idk why, but every time I plug in my headphones the volume goes lower and lower by it's own self, Google assistant pops up way too many times, it just pauses in the middle of the song or the sound goes out completely even after I unplug the headphones. I love listening to music and so this is a big problem for me. To get it going I have to restart it AT LEAST 6 times only for it to work 2-7 min.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are the headphones specifcially "Made for iPhone"? If so, that can cause this kind of issue, since iPhone headphone jacks have a slightly different configuration than Android's, so headphones that are Made for iPhone might falsely trigger the remote volume and pause/play controls.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It's possible your headphones are going bad, have you tried another pair of headphones?

I had a pair of headphones I used while working out for over a year, one day the volume started adjusting itself as I ran, became a frequent occurance until I replaced them.