Bought my wife and I 2, 1tb micro sd cards off wish, we put them into our phones and formatted them for use, we moved our albums over and once it was done we had roughly a random half unviewable. How can we go about retrieving an approximate collective 1000+ images/videos/ gifs.
    12-28-2018 04:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Chances are the SD card is counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...humanlogic.sdi. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt. (Be aware that SD Insight might not work on all Nougat or above devices.)

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html.
    12-29-2018 09:35 AM
    Sounds like you have cheap Chinese counterfeit cards. They are programmed to trick your device into seeing more storage than they can actually hold. As you copy files over, you think you have plenty of room, but phone thinks there is space, but the files get overwritten and saved on top of causing missing and corrupt files.

I don't think a single real 1Tb card has even hit the market yet, earliest release date I can find online is 2019 from Lexar.

I could be wrong, but it's my understanding Wish primarily sells cheap knock offs at ridiculously low prices.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-29-2018 01:11 PM
    Went to wish.com

Lexar 512Gb micro sd for $12 when it launched in October with a MSRP of $299.99 and I can't find it from a reputable retailer for under $249.99.

PNY 512Gb micro sd card also has a retail price near $300 yet wish can sell me a 2 pack for $5.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-29-2018 01:30 PM
    I think the website's name is short for "WishThisWasForReal.com".
    12-30-2018 08:52 AM