Why is my phone keep saying its overheating, when its not even hot?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Accidently, I had dropped my phone in water, and it recovered after I put my phone in rice for a few hours. Even though it's working perfectly fine, every once in a while, a pop up comes on, telling me my phone is overheating, when the temperature is perfectly fine. It's not hot what so ever! Now that it's saying it's overheating, it interrupts the process of charging my phone. Is there a way to fix this problem?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Rice is not an adequate remedy. The water has presumably damaged the phone. The damage may be ongoing, so back up all your personal data while you still can, in preparation for failure of the phone.

Zuhan Kabeer

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
Hey I know its been two years, but did you get a fix for it? I had an experience similar to yours except you could argue that its more my fault then my phones. I have Samsung Galaxy A50 used to take it to the shower to listen to music and I'd asked some of my more tech savvy friends if that was okay and they said it was but last night i woke up to my phone beeping loudly and and the screen flashing "OVER HEATING REMOVE CHARGER". I usually leave my phone in charge all night and so do the rest of my family [they all use high end androids and since mine was my first phone i got a cheap one :) ] and i sleep for eight hours with the ac at 21 degrees celcius and i can tell you 1000% the phone was in no condition to be over heating other then the fact that it commonly goes through over charging and that i never close any of my apps and almost always have 200 apps running in the background. This morning the phone turned off and to turn it back on i tried the regular hold the power button technique and it didn't work and so i looked through the internet and found this method where you hold both the regular power button and the volume down button at the same time but for around 20 to 25 seconds and that turned it on but now i cant use any of the apps any more as it says that the thing is still over heating. If you could get yours to work please tell me how you did it cuz my online classes start in like 3 days and my phone is where i do them :)

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
The OP never replied so this was probably a one off post. Seems like your tech savvy friends are not tech savvy. You need to take that device to a repair shop. Water damage can cause shorting, burn out parts and dramatically shorten its lifespan. You may have to purchase a replacement.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Also they lied, because the A50 doesn't have a water resistance rating at all. It is a budget Samsung. Even the flagships are not recommended to be used in a shower. The water rating is only for fresh water, for a quick drop, not a stream of water with pressure. For instance if you drop it in the toilet or a sink of water accidentally. But that is the £1000 flagships, not the A series.

I am afraid your phone has been damaged and you need to take it to a repair shop. Sorry for the bad news.

Zuhan Kabeer

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
Wow. Thanks for letting me know. Ill still try to make the phone last as long as I can. For now it looks like its not getting any better. Im gonna try factory resetting it to see if that maybe fixes it or tries to make it any tolerable. But through out the day Ive been coming across more issues with the device, for example, it wont allow me to open any apps after the phone has been on for too long and it always seems to think that there are headphones connected to my device even when the bluetooth is off and the 3.5mm jack is empty. The headphone mode issue i solved once by doing this thing i found online where you plug real headphones in and turn the off then on and then removing the headphones, sounds dumb i know but surprisingly it worked but later when i had left the phone alone for some time it started to do the same thing again, and so i downloaded an app that let me toggle the headset mode on and off but even that only worked for like 30 min. Im gonna try doing that technique where i did the power on with the volume down and power button again and see if i can backup all my things that i have on my phone and then do a factory reset to see if that helps... I really need to find a way to make this phone work, its less about getting the phone to work and more about me getting a chance to be proud of myself for "fixing my own phone" at this point lol. Ill update you guys on it later then thanks for replying to my other post though even though this is actually a two year old thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci