How to fix "Your Device Has Failed Verification and may not work properly"

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello :)
I'm currently using LG G5 SE cellphone and just now I got a warning "Your device has failed verification and may not work properly". I thought there will just be small errors such as lags. However, I found my phone is already unable to do fast-charging and it won't get connected to my PC. It's said "USB Device not recognized", and I'm sure it's not my PC or my data cable that is troubled, but it's my phone. It charges very slowly, probably increasing only 2% every 10 minutes. It should be able to do fast charging before the warning appeared. What should I do? Is there another way to fix this except doing factory reset?
Thank you :)
Sorry for my bad English :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like a problem related to Verified Boot: https://source.android.com/security/verifiedboot. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do besides a factory reset. On any other phone, I'd suggest wiping the system cache partiition, but LG phones don't let the user do that. If the phone is from Verizon, you could use Verizon's Software Repairr Assistant, but I don't see any evidence on the web of Verizon ever selling the G5 SE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair