I had to reflash TWRP, its current version is 3.0.2-0 and I noticed that EFS button has been replaced by L_Modem. Is L_Modem same as EFS? If its not, what is it?

Thank you!
    12-29-2018 12:20 PM
    EFS ia a partition that holds meid, imei, serial number, config, diag settings and radio settings, etc l_modem is also a partition, but it's a different partition.

You should make one backup, at first, with all the boxes checked - in other words, back up everything. (Do that every time you get a new version of Android.)

But other than that do not fool around with any partition but cache and data. (If you mess up everything in the data partition, you can still run TWRP and restore it, but there are some things you can not do. Someone posted yesterday that he was told to wipe everything using TWRP. That includes EFS, boot, system and TWRP. Now what? It's a nice motherboard, some silicon, and a case - it's not a phone.)

Use TWRP for backups, for flashing things that come in .zip flies, but EFS, l_modem and half a dozen other partitions? Back up only. Restore if needed. That's it.

(And see if you can find 3.2.3, or at least 3.2.2, for your phone. (https://twrp.me/Devices/)
    12-29-2018 01:13 PM
    My phone is Samsung Galaxy J3 2016(SMJ320F) and I have TWRP 3.0.2-0, I noticed that there is a L_Modem backup instead of EFS, what is L_Modem and if someone has a link to the newer version for this model I'd appreciate it as I was unable to find one.

Thank you!
    12-30-2018 12:23 PM