Recently this december of 2018...i got too close to a wi fi and my phone updated itself without my permission. I never ever update my phone and it works just great until this time.

Now it runs slow and i get only random texts..i.e: my girlfriend will send 3 texts but i only get 1 or 2 or all 3 or none..the same applies to business contacts and friends.

My contacts all have different phones of course, iphones and droids...there seems to be no ryhme or reason to this.

I have rolled back many of the updates but cant seem to roll back the main android update. I have also gained more storage by transferring all photos and music to my computer and deleting them from the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem recently or maybe have some advice.

It is an alcatel one touch with 4.4.2 droid.
    12-29-2018 10:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which One Touch phone do you have? 4.4.2 is a very old version of Android, so it's more likely that the reason for the phone's sluggishness is its obsolete and underpowered hardware.

The missing text issue could be related to poor signal. Do you also notice dropped calls? Is your cell signal indicator always strong, or does it bounce around a lot?
    12-30-2018 09:42 AM
    When you say it updated without your permission, are you talking about app updates through the Play Store, or a system update? I realize that you have an old phone and presumably don't want to update anything so that you can keep using it, but there are some serious security risks to refusing updates constantly. App updates (as well as system updates) are frequently done to patch bugs and security flaws. Considering that you have such an outdated OS version (that is no longer supported by Google) and weren't updating your apps, you have a double-whammy risk of getting hacked. I would strongly recommend upgrading to a more modern device.

You can find out the exact model name/number in the Settings>About Phone menu.
    12-30-2018 07:46 PM