I have a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and its battery has been performing badly recently (i.e. wouldn't turn on unless connected to a charger) but it seems that the rate of the phone battery spending is higher than the rate of my fast charger. I just want to revive it one last time to back up everything to transfer to my new phone. Is there any way I can do from home to be able to do so? Other than buying a new battery?
    12-30-2018 02:37 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If the battery is able to hold any charge at all, then power the phone off completely and let it charge up. When it's fully charged, start the phone, keep it plugged in, and work on transferring your data.

A quick web search shows that OEM replacement batteries for the Note Edge cost around $15.
    Rukbat likes this.
    12-30-2018 09:20 AM
    Even if the battery is 100% shot, the charger should still keep up with at least normal loads. I don't doubt the battery is bad, but I'd also try a different (preferably new) USB cable. When those go bad, it's common to see loss of capacity while plugged in on even a prefect battery.

I do agree with B. Diddy on charging the phone while it is powered off and then leaving plugged in while transferring your data.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-30-2018 09:39 AM
    O wouldn't even bother charging and backing it up. Replace the battery, fully charge it then, if it's not backed up (it always should be, but ...) back it up. A dead battery won't corrupt the data. (Letting it die while the phone is turned on could.)
    12-30-2018 12:24 PM