I recently dropped my Samsung S6 phone in some water, and after about an hour, it started malfunctioning. After I tried charging it, the blue "Downloading... Do not turn off target" came up. If I press the required buttons to reset it, the screen goes black, but when I try charging it again, the blue screen appears again. About half a year ago when I was in a similar situation, I just waited, and the phone fixed itself. What should I do now?
    12-31-2018 10:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, the water may have caused some permanent damage. You'd probably have to bring it to a repair shop to see if it's salvageable.
    12-31-2018 12:32 PM
    The phone is water resistant, not waterproof. Last time no water got into it. This time, water did. By this time (it's been a few hours) it may be too late. (This isn't "let it sit until the new year, then bring it in for repair", this is "leave for a shop that does water damage repairs right now".) You normally have a few minutes, at most (depending on what minerals there are in the water), but leaving it for a couple of days is almost a death sentence (it may be fixable, but it's going to keep corroding anyway, after the fix, until it fails). And electrocuting it (charging it) after getting it wet makes it even worse.

Sorry.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-31-2018 01:12 PM