Hi, i seem to have unwanted apps on my brand new phone. Im not sure how they got on here as the phone was factory refirbished. I just need some help on getting rid of them because i cant disable or uninstall them and theyre considered system apps and only show up when i show system apps. Any help would be appreciated. This is what it shows ibb . co/C0GvSw6 (sorry i had to space it, it got marked as spam, thanks android central)
    12-31-2018 03:10 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The forum software that Android Central uses tends to flag certain links (probably if they're not whitelisted by the software). As you've probably noticed, this forum (like all others) tends to get attacked frequently by spammers, so it's an important precaution. The Mod team here does a great job of killing spam pretty soon after it appears, but these automatic precautions by the software are also important.

I've seen that odd text before -- it's related to a strange English system language variant. Go to Setttings>Language & Input>System Language and tell us what it's listed as. (I can't quite remember what the odd variant is called off the top of my head.) Change it to English (US) or whatever is appropriate for your region of the world.
    12-31-2018 06:58 PM
    As I recall, it's not "a strange English system language variant" it's a particular bug or app - but I can't remember which bug or app.
    12-31-2018 07:39 PM
    No, I know I've seen this before. Let me dig a bit more.

EDIT: Here's the thread: https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ml#post6273876. Check to see if your system language was changed to "English (XA)." I don't see this selection on any of my devices, so it might have been something that was removed from later versions of Android.

EDIT 2: It looks like English (XA) is present when Developer Options are turned on. It's supposed to help developers test localization: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperi...A/td-p/1189763
    01-01-2019 01:16 PM