Samsung UI is the worst

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I had been using Sony and Moto mobiles for long time as I felt the Samsung UI is the crappiest in Android. Recently I had to buy a Samsung mobile A8 due to regional support and I think it has become even worse. Will the developers make note of these ?

1. Speed dialing is not available - are you serious ? I cant call a contact with one touch ? This is 2018. come on..

2. Camera speed is total crapp - It takes 3 seconds to take 1 picture ? What nonsense.

3. Keep the fingerprint scanner at the front - It is idiotic to take the phone and keep punching at the back to get it unlocked

4. Most users are right handed. It makes sense to keep the volume rockers at the right side.

5. Truecaller not showing any caller IDs. Battery optimization is disabled and yet no results.

6. When I turn on things like Power saver mode from the top menu, don't show me another crappy UI. Just turn it On and Off.

This is just after few days of use. I don't know why the EU region is so titled towards samsung.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Samsung does have speed dial, every Samsung I have owned since the S3 I bought in 2012 until the Note 9 I just got features speed dial. Personally I had no idea people still used such an out dated feature, but it's still there.

Although I agree with the FPS location, it's the direction the industry has gone.

Volume rocker on the right side sounds extremely alien and foreign to me, every phone I've owned has the power on the right and volume on the left. This I actually looked into cause it sounded like a weird complaint to me, but I'm in the states where Apple/Samsung have a duopoly and LG actually might actually be 3rd place. All 3 of them have power on the right, volume on the left. So this really just boils down to design preference, there is no right or wrong way to do it.

Samsungs UI has come a long way over the years and is far better than it once was. If it was truly has horrible as you make it out to be, they wouldn't be number one. Personally I've gotten to the point where I feel frustrated when I use something that isn't made by Samsung because it feels like features are stripped out of the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34