If I enter a new contact or add birthday to existing contact, the date "disappears" from the screen immediately. the birthday will show on Calendar but not in Contacts. If I deselect Birthday in Calendar the date shows up in Contacts again. How can I get this data to show in BOTH places? (Why did this suddenly change???)
    01-04-2019 09:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the actual Contacts app from Google, or is it the preinstalled Contacts app from the phone manufacturer? Which phone do you have?

On my Pixel 2 XL, I can see the birthdays in both the Contacts app and the Calendar app. But there does seem to be a bit of glitch when it comes to selecting where the birthday info comes from. Open Calendar, tap Menu>Settings, the tap the Birthdays calendar, then tap Google. Change the source of info to Contacts Only, not Google+ Circles and Contacts. If I have it set to the latter, then the birthday doesn't seem to show up. If it's set to Contacts Only, it does show up. (It's possible that "Google+ Circles and Contacts" means contacts directly from G+, not the ones you entered manually into your Contacts list -- it's confusing. When G+ finally dies, hopefully this will become clearer!)
    01-04-2019 10:27 AM