Hi I have a samsung S9+ I have a photo on my phone and my iPad Air of my 2 grandchildren that I want to downsize print and put in a locket Is there anyway I can reduce the size that small many thanks xx
    01-04-2019 12:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you printing the photo yourself, or using a photo printing service? If you're using a service, you shouldn't have to downsize the photo yourself -- there should be options to pick a size of the photo to print.

If you're printing it out yourself at home and your printing software doesn't give you an option to choose a size to print, then you can use an app like Snapseed to resize your photo.
    belodion likes this.
    01-04-2019 01:15 PM
    A trick that I used once was to create a collage in Google Photos of several photos, such that on a 6x4” print, the individual photos were of the right small size, easily cut.
    01-04-2019 01:22 PM
    Or, if you have a PC, Paint.net (https://www.getpaint.net/) does a great job of resizing.

But don't expect to resize a 2k picture to locket size - no matter what app or program you use, you won't be pleased with the results. Maybe start with a picture of them taken from 20 feet away - then they'll already be about the right size, and all you'll have to do is crop the picture - so you don't lose any quality (you lose a ot of quality if you resize a portrait to a 1" diameter picture).
    01-04-2019 01:28 PM