Another small thing, lets say Oreo is the latest android version but i run Nugget. If i was running Oreo, would my device, apart from being compatible with Oreo requiring apps, run faster or be better optimized? I just don't get why many people get in the process of rooting, while they enjoy their current configuration, in order to install a custom ROM with the latest version of android.. What are the advantages??
    01-04-2019 07:19 PM
    1. Most ROMs don't require rooting to install.

2. Running Nougat means that you aren't running the latest security patches that came with Oreo. (And if/when it's available, you won't be running the latest security patches in Pie.)

3. Some apps need root access to run (not the ones that come with the phone). If you want/need to run one of them, you need to root your phone.

4. You can't update a rooted phone. (That means that you should root using Magisk if at all possible, or you'll have to back everything up, flash an unrooted version of the current ROM, update it, root it again and restore everything.)

But, for the most part, root isn't needed. Most people use a few apps and those apps don't need root access, so there's no reason to root.
    01-05-2019 02:11 PM