Hi guys ,

I always used an android for my business only for one reason. When a customer calls ( an unsaved number ) , android shows details under thee call when phone is ringing. So if I received a call from this number or text , it shows it used to show it under the caller screen. So this feature lets me determine if this is a new customer or and old one. The only reason I use android because iphone does not have this function.

PROBLEM: Got a new s9+ with android 8 on it. Guess what they removed the only function I use from it .
    New unsaved caller calls and no info. Old customer unsaved number calls NO INFO
    Only the it shows previous history , if I save the caller to my contact list !!!
    I just wasted money on this phone if I cannot have this feature.

Does anyone know how to show caller history on call screen for an unsaved contact ? I had this working for last 8 years, now it is gone

I m thinking about putting one of the custom roms but not even sure if they have this
    I really appreciate your help.
    01-05-2019 04:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Who's your carrier? Have you already given them a call to ask about this?

Open your Phone app and tap Menu>Settings. Look for a Caller ID option and make sure that's turned on.
    01-05-2019 06:18 PM
    I have been using tmobile for years, this function was working on my s3 s5 and s7 before , not related to caller ID but my caller ID is on . Not sure if it is specific for s9 phone or if it is an android 8 OS issue. Any help appreciated . Thanks
    01-07-2019 04:11 PM
    I was reviewing your original post, and the wording is pretty confusing for me. Can you restate the problem?
    01-11-2019 10:52 PM